Friday, January 3, 2014

Hulhumale' - City upon a Veli Funi



New Year Trip 2014




Hulhumale' is a reclaimed land (Veli funi) located in south of Capital Male'. Hulhule'-Farukolhufushi lagoon. Hulhumale' face 1 was completed in june 2002. The official settlement was inaugurated  by President Gayoom (Muskulhi Be gandu)  on May 12, 2004. 

My twitter friends, Hulhumale' Visa Council members (Moya meehaa, crapbagsound and Leevaan ( Boli font)) live in Hulhumale' (Youth City) Moya meehaa says its youth shitty. I visited hulhumale on Tourist Visa. Two weeks prior to the visited i applied for hulhumale' tourist visa. Visa council had a meeting @ wasintey kada about the visa application. After long hours of "heated deabte" Visa council decided to grant tourist visa (24 hours stay at hulhumale').


Visa Council Meeting. 

I met a wise man on my way to Hotel. 

"Nufeneytha? mee ehkala muskulhi be gandu kodheefa huri kanthah. adhives bunaane 30 aharu kameh nukohdhe ey"

I didn't say anything. Gayoom is a visionary. 

2014 gonna be a year of prosperity. 

Lunch

Dhon meehars going into the Wilderness of Youth City

We had joy. We had fun. We had seasons in the sun, But the stars that we reached. Were just starfish on the beach




Yuppie, My little one.
You gave me love and helped me find the sun.
And everytime when i was down
You would always come around
And get my feet back on the ground.

Goodbye Youth City, Its hard to leave.
When all the birds are singing in the sky
Now that the spring is in the air
With the flowers everywhere
I wish that we could both be there


I want to wake up, in a city that never sleeps.



No comments:

Post a Comment